It's not hard to reason this one but you migh...
We know you dread your ride dying out in the middle of a lonely road with a kind soul ready to help but not quite knowing how to. To help you get around this vexing problem, we present to you a short guide on how to go around giving your car the spark of life it deserves.
To start off with, these are the things that you need to have in your car for a jumpstart.
Always keep jumper cables handy, you may never know when you need to jumpstart your car.
Yes, you need one in sure dire situations. Why, you ask? For one, to precisely know which end of the cable goes where, and for two, to not get distracted from your noble cause.
How to jumpstart:
1. The first thing is to identify whether your car is really juiced out, or you're wrong about it. To do so, try starting your car, if you hear the engine roaring yet failing to start, it means your battery is just fine and there's some other mechanical issue. If turning the key gives no reaction at all, then the battery's dead.
2. Park the cars close to each other and turn them off completely. Once that's done, connect one end of the red (positive) jumper cable to the positive terminal of the dead battery. Connect the other end of the red (positive) jumper cable to the positive terminal of the live battery.
3. After this, connect one end of the black (negative) jumper cable to the negative terminal of the live battery. This is a very important step. Connect the black (negative) jumper cable to a clean, unpainted metal surface of the dead car's engine. Precautionary measure: DO NOT connect it to the negative terminal of the dead battery. You may just annihilate yourself in the process.
4. To initiate the transfer process, start the live car and let it rev for few minutes. Then, start the dead car and rev the engine. Now, remove the cables from both the vehicles in reverse order.
5. Keep the now-alive and renewed car running for 20 minutes to fill some juice back into the battery. And voila, you're done! Do remember to put the jumper cables in the right place and in the right order. You'll earn some good karma by doing so if nothing else.
you might also like
With Skyfall, director Sam Mendes mixes the old an...
If Bollywood ever went down the 007 agent route, w...